Shopping is an addiction. When you are addicted to shopping, you can’t stop. You will find time to walk in the shopping malls even when you are busy with work or tired. If you are a shopaholic, I guess that you will spend majority of your time on shopping when you are on holidays.
If you are planning for your next holiday destination, consider Singapore. Singapore is a very popular shopping destination, with many famous shopping malls to satisfy your crave. If you are in Singapore, you must visit places like Orchard Road, Suntec City, Marina Square and Vivo City.
Moreover, every year from May to June, there is Great Singapore Sale (GSS) when you can get discounts up to 75% for goods at major boutiques and malls. So try to plan your trip in June so that you don’t miss the GSS.
In this article, let me share with you 5 shopping tips so that you can have an enjoyable shopping trip in Singapore:
1. Bring along more credit cards. Many restaurants and boutiques offer discounts for credit card holders. Therefore, bring along more credit cards to get more value from your shopping. Depending on which card you hold, you can get different discounts for your goods. Almost all boutiques and restaurants accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
2. Goods and Service Tax (GST). In Singapore, all goods and services are subject to 7% GST at the point of this writing. Some price tags are not in net prices.
3. Try to visit Singapore in June. Plan your trip in June so that you will not miss the Great Singapore Sale. The GSS is the main shopping event of the year and you can get unbelievable discounts on branded goods and services. Other than the GSS, there are sales during the Chinese New Year period which falls on either around end January or early February.
4. Bargain. If you are buying something from roadside stalls, you should always bargain. Some unethical sellers will quote a much higher price when they see that you are a tourist. So make sure you don’t take the first offer as the final offer.
5. Check the taxi meter. When you are taking taxi in Singapore, make sure that the drivers go by the meter. Some unethical taxi drivers don’t go by meter when they see that you are a tourist. So always check the taxi meter when you board a taxi. If the driver does not want to go by the meter, don’t take his car.
Find More Shopping Tips Articles